What Causes Knee Joint Pain?
Knee joint pain is never really a result of a single cause. While temporary knee pain, which is caused by an injury, usually fades away on its own, that on and off pain in your knee could be due to certain underlying causes that need to be treated.
Physical conditions or diseases that are responsible for chronic knee pain are:
- Osteoarthritis of the knee joint that may cause pain, swelling, and inflammation.
- Tendinitis – Pain in the front of the knee that makes physical movements like climbing the stairs painful.
- Bursitis – Inflammation of the knee joint caused by repeated overuse or injury of the knee.
- Chondromalacia patella – Damage to the cartilage under the kneecap.
- Gout – Elevated levels of uric acid in the body that results in arthritis.
- Baker’s cyst – Build-up of synovial fluid right behind the knee.
- Rheumatoid arthritis – An autoimmune disorder that causes pain and swelling in the affected joint, often leading to the erosion of the bone.
- Meniscus tear – A rupture of one or multiple cartilages of the knee.
- Torn ligament – A tear in any one of the four knee ligaments.
- Bone tumors that develop near the knee.
No matter what the cause of your constant knee pain is, the following remedies can offer relief to a great extent.
Back To TOC
How To Treat Knee Joint Pain Naturally
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Cayenne Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Fenugreek Seeds
- Dandelion Leaves
- Mustard Oil
- Essential Oils
- Epsom Salt Soaks
- Hot And Cold Packs
Home Remedies To Reduce Knee Joint Pain
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
You Will Need
- 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1 glass of warm water
What You Have To Do
- Add two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar to a glass of water and mix well.
- Consume this solution daily, preferably before meals.
- You can also mix two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with a tablespoon of coconut oil and apply it to the affected knee.
How Often You Should Do This
You must do this twice daily.
Why This Works
Apple cider vinegar, whether it is consumed or applied topically, helps combat knee joint pain. It contains acetic acid that exhibits anti-inflammatory properties, which help reduce the pain and swelling in the affected area (1).
Back To TOC